Error: "A connection with the Geosoft ID server could not be established."
|Product:||Oasis montaj 8.0.1, 8.0, 7.5.1, 7.5 SP2, 7.5 SP1, 7.5, 7.4, Target 8.0.1, 7.5.1|
|Last modified date:||2013-09-16|
This error message is returned when I try to sign in with my Geosoft ID:
A connection with the Geosoft ID server could not be established.
This problem may occur if any of the following conditions are true:
1. Your computer is not connected to the internet
2. Your computer is protected by a firewall that is blocking access to the Geosoft ID server
3. The Geosoft ID server is down for maintenance
Verify your network connection and firewall, then try again.
If the issue persists please contact email@example.com for assistance.
The main causes of this error message are no internet connection, incorrect proxy server settings, firewall server exceptions lists or corrupted Geosoft Connect software.
To check/modify proxy server settings:
Geosoft Connect software uses your Internet Explorer settings to connect to the Geosoft ID server. Your IT department will be able to provide you with the correct proxy server settings.
- Control Panel > Internet Options.
- Click Connections Tab.
Click LAN Settings.
The Local Area Network (LAN) Settings dialog will show your Proxy server settings
- Under Proxy Server check "Use a proxy server for your LAN"
- Enter in your Proxy Address and Port
- Click OK.
If the above steps don't work then reinstall Geosoft Connect.
To reinstall Geosoft Connect
- Windows XP - Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs
- Windows Vista, 7 and 8 - Control Panel > Programs and Features
- Select Geosoft Connect.
- Click Remove.
Launch Geosoft product.
Geosoft Connect will automatically be reinstalled.
- Your computer is not connected to the internet.
- Your computer is protected by a firewall that is blocking access to the Geosoft ID server.
- The Geosoft Connect software on your computer has become corrupt.
- The Geosoft ID server is down for maintenance.
- How to install a Geosoft eLicence through a firewall or proxy server
- Errors setting up or parking a license