How to create a TIN from a database and a grid from a TIN
|Product:||Oasis montaj, Target|
|Last modified date:||2012-04-27|
I would like to create TIN from a database and then a grid from the TIN file.
To create a TIN from a database:
- Ensure the X, Y coordinates have been set in your database.
- Grid and Image menu > Gridding > Tinning > Create TIN file from Database.
- Enter a name for the Output TIN File.
- Specify your Z channel (the channel you want to grid) > click OK.
To create a grid using a TIN:
- Grid and Image menu > Gridding > Tinning > Grid Using TIN.
- For Input TIN File, browse to and select the TIN you created.
- Enter a name for Output grid.
- Optionally specify a Grid cell size > click OK.
The TIN cannot be exported as a 3D mesh. However, you can plot a TIN mesh over a relief surface in the 3D Viewer.
To plot the TIN mesh over a relief surface in the 3D Viewer:
- Ensure your topography surface is the active plane in the 3D Viewer tree list.
- Grid and Image menu > Gridding > Tinning > Plot a TIN Mesh.