No Cost Add-Ons
Download Geosoft viewers, plug-ins and development tools.
Learn more about Geosoft development partners and partner solutions.
montaj Extension Grav/Mag Interpretation
The Gravity and Magnetic Interpretation extension automatically locates and determines depth for gridded magnetic and gravity data with Euler 3D Deconvolution processing routines. It includes the Keating Magnetic Correlation Coefficients tool for kimberlite exploration.
The montaj Gravity and Magnetic Interpretation extension software includes Euler 3D Deconvolution processing routines to automatically locate and determine depth for gridded magnetic and gravity data.
Euler 3D automates 3D geologic interpretation by delineating magnetic and gravimetric boundaries and calculating source depths.
The extension also includes the Keating Magnetic Correlation Coefficients function used in Kimberlite Exploration. This tool uses a simple pattern recognition technique to locate magnetic anomalies that resemble the response of a vertical cylinder model typical of Kimberlite pipes.
A Source Edge Detection (SED) tool is included for locating edges (e.g. geological contacts) or peaks from potential field data by analyzing the local gradients.
The Source Parameter Imaging (SPI) tool automatically calculates the depth of magnetic sources from a gridded magnetic dataset. The depths are displayed as a grid and are based on source parameters of the following source models : contacts (faults), thin sheets (dikes) or horizontal cylinders.
Use montaj Grav/Mag Interpretation to:
- Locate and determine depth rapidly for large amounts of area data.
- Apply FFT and convolution grid enhancement and processing routines to calculate X and Y derivative grids.
- Display Total Field and Derivative grids for analysis.
- Analyze grids (perform Euler source inversion).
- Choose a structural index (any real value between 0.0 and 3.0).
- Display solutions in Oasis database and search large areas for similar targets.
- Perform and display solution statistics.
- Display/Plot database solutions.
- Window and plot solutions (based on location uncertainty and offset) to extract the solutions you consider relevant and remove erroneous solutions.
- Apply Keating Magnetic Correlation Coefficients tool for locating magnetic anomalies that resemble the response of modeled Kimberlite pipes.
- Apply Source Edge Detection tool for locating edges (i.e. geological contacts) or peaks from potential field data by analyzing the local gradients.
- Apply Source Parameter Imaging™ (SPI™) tool for quickly and easily calculating the depth of magnetic sources.
SPI and Source Parameter Imaging are trademarks of Geoterrex.
Articles and Papers
Bird Geophysical, Gibson Consulting Solutions
University of Western Michigan
GEOVision Geophysical Services
MBL Inc., NGA Inc., and Geosoft Europe Ltd.
Northwest Geophysical Associates